Jewelry Alert

I just didn’t feel like posting today. What can I say? It’s so sunny and big blue sky, and my middle girl started AYSO soccer AND got her braces on today. Big family day…

But meanwhile, I discovered this:

The artisans behind InSearchofBalance are hosting a diabetes jewelry contest! (sponsored by TuDiabetes). And the jewelry is NOT EVEN MEDICAL. Not at all, in fact. It’s gorgeous handcrafted silver and gemstones set in one-of-a-kind rustic designs. Drool.

Monsoon_artisans_3

All you have to do is write at least 200 words on what it’s like for you living with diabetes, and submit your entry HERE by Sept. 1, 2007, noon EST.

Honestly, I’m a little afraid to even try. ‘Cause even though the words about living with diabetes seem to pour out of me every day, whittling it down to the perfect 200 seems daunting just now. Especially when there’s jewelry at stake ;)

** UPDATE: Ahem… something else just dawned on me: what about the men-folk living with diabetes? Are they really that interested in winning a “leaf message necklace” or a custom silver bracelet? Maybe the organizers should throw in a football key-chain or a Swiss Army knife, or the like? **

1. In Search Of Balance
    In Search Of Balance August 23, 2007 at 8:13 pm | | Reply

Thanks so much for spreading the word about our contest, Amy :)

We really appreciate it.

Beth & Daniel

2. M
    M August 24, 2007 at 1:31 am | | Reply

Is it “at least” 200 words – meaning you should write more than 200 words? Or do they mean “at most” 200 words?

3. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell August 24, 2007 at 5:22 am | | Reply

Well some of the men (myself included) might like the jewelry to give to our bride (or other loved ones).

The big question is, being Irish, can I say what I want to in ONLY 200 words!

4. kokernutz
    kokernutz August 24, 2007 at 5:29 am | | Reply

hey some guys like jewelry – just make some that we’d wear.

5. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson August 24, 2007 at 8:34 am | | Reply

I won a charm necklace from Beth & Daniel a while back – it is amazing.

I gave it to my wife, and it is the only piece of jewelry (besides her wedding ring) that she always wears.

It will be a wonderful prize, whether the winner keeps it for themselves or gifts it to a friend or loved one.

Beth & Daniel are amazingly creative, and I highly recommend their work to anyone looking for a special piece.

6. jgr
    jgr August 24, 2007 at 8:40 am | | Reply

While I love the jewelry, I am so afraid that medical personnel won’t recognize it as
    “medical alert that the individual is diabetic” so I just wear the standard bracelet. What are your experiences as a diabetic with the type of jewely offered in this blog?

7. In Search Of Balance
    In Search Of Balance August 24, 2007 at 10:06 am | | Reply

The contest is to write 200 words OR MORE. Write as much as you like! :)

8. In Search Of Balance
    In Search Of Balance August 24, 2007 at 2:25 pm | | Reply

We feel like there’s a lot of joy to be found in making a perfect gift for a loved one… about 60% of our custom customers are men! While we respect that not everyone will be interested in our prizes, we hope that those who are share their stories :)

The truth about diabetes from the voices of diabetics is a powerful thing in this age of misinformation :)