1. Kim
    Kim April 13, 2007 at 9:35 am | | Reply

Great interview! Thanks! She totally ruled the 1st Soprano’s episode this year too!

2. Big_Dave_T
    Big_Dave_T April 13, 2007 at 10:46 am | | Reply

I’m not a big fan of shills for the drug industry. I’m skeptical of folks who seem to imply that “taking charge” means taking drugs, or taking more drugs. In fact, I’m just plain cynical when it comes to the whole medical-pharmalogical industry anymore.

3. Sarah
    Sarah April 13, 2007 at 2:04 pm | | Reply

Although I agree that drugs are not always the best answer for Type 2, there are those who need them no matter what.

I do think more emphasis needs to be put on educating people on how to live healthy though, as opposed to giving a patient a handful of pills.

I think it’s good that she is raising awareness for Type 2 and the fact that it needs to be addressed and not ignored.

Sometimes the public needs to see a positive side to what can happen to those who “take charge” of their diabetes. For some Type 2′s, this will include needing to start insulin to get good control. So many Type 2′s have a negative view of insulin, because by the time they start on it, they are so far gone with complications.

Some even think insulin “caused” their complications, not realizing that starting insulin before they got really sick would have *prevented* them. I think this actress is doing the right thing.

4. Kathlene in Iowa
    Kathlene in Iowa April 14, 2007 at 8:39 am | | Reply

Thank you so much for this interview. I am struggling with ineffective oral meds and am so scared about going on insulin. Your interview has made me realize this step can be as manageable as going on oral meds was several years ago.

5. Scott Johnson
    Scott Johnson April 14, 2007 at 7:30 pm | | Reply

Great interview Amy – and thanks Aida!

6. Sanjay
    Sanjay March 7, 2008 at 2:14 am | | Reply

She is very young gril how so sweet girl and this is nice photo all the best my dear.