1. Vicki
    Vicki March 13, 2007 at 9:35 pm | | Reply

So Delta’s doc threatened her with insulin if she didn’t lose weight and change her eating habits? Sheesh! Insulin shouldn’t be considered a last resort or a punishment for poor control. It’s actually possible to get EXCELLENT control with insulin. And she already discovered that shots don’t hurt.

WHY, oh WHY do doctors tell this to patients?

2. AmyT
    AmyT March 14, 2007 at 7:57 am | | Reply

Yeah, Vicki, that statement hit me the same way. And the weird thing is, now she’s happy on Byetta: shots!

3. rey
    rey March 14, 2007 at 9:20 am | | Reply

I Have been on byetta on clinical trias about 3 years ago…it was the best I have ever been. I waaas 20 pounds lighter on byetta…I have tried many diabetes medicines…and byetta seems to be the one best for be…I get my medcine from the Vetran Administration….they do not support byetta? I know there diabetic would do so much better on this…..R

4. MAMZELLE
    MAMZELLE March 15, 2007 at 2:45 pm | | Reply

My mother was diabetic for 30 or 40 years of MY life so I know what insulin can do and am so afraid of it’s effects without another person in the house. I came back to take care of her with altzheimer’s too, for 2 years before she died and it was scary when I got familiar about the risks of insulin even with people around her… much less me alone with the disease. I had been controlling with just food, and keeping down to 120 on meter [after 350 readings] even afer foods too sometimes but now shooting up much higher with problems entering my life, and can’t bear needles [i take sugar tests in my ARM for 4 years, fingers hurt too much]. Thought byetta was a PILL, why NOT a tablet for this med! I must lose weight too and too depressed and gained back what I lost when I diognosed myself 4 years ago, and went on my old standby Atkins and lost but now gained it back. High blood pressure too and the meds for THAT [ace inhibiters] are destroying me even more. Please write back to my email address. Don’t know how I’ll come back to find any responses. Thanks e_meee_1999@yahoo.com I never even leave the house anymore…. no strength to get out of BED, much less out of the house!

5. shelley
    shelley March 21, 2007 at 2:54 pm | | Reply

I think its towit the way Nick was abled to do what he did.That was awesome.

6. saraie
    saraie April 19, 2007 at 8:44 pm | | Reply

my god my friend drulls over nick she does research and everything you can think of oh and she drives me crazy talking about him

7. Ann
    Ann July 25, 2007 at 8:20 am | | Reply

I think that Nick Jonas is one of the bravest people in the world! He is one of my heroes and I think that he has inspired many people who were afraid to tell thier friends about thier diabetes to tell them and help make a difference in peoples lifes that have diabetes. He shows you that even rockstars can get sick and that life isnt over when you get something like that…it’s just begining!

8. Thaty
    Thaty July 25, 2007 at 11:58 am | | Reply

I agree with Ann…
    And, i think that my prayers go turn reality!!! God now how much I pray for he… And I believe that he go be cured…

PS: Sorry, I dont know write so good in english because I’m brazilian…

9. katie lavarias
    katie lavarias July 30, 2007 at 4:52 pm | | Reply

im so sad that nick has diabetes but i know he is strong enough to handle it so i love you nick ur my fav one in the jonas brothers band so its all good in the hood

10. emily
    emily August 2, 2007 at 2:13 pm | | Reply

I think that what Nick and Delta are doing is great! Personally I do not know who Nick is, but still it’s awesome that he is getting the word out there. I wish more people with Type 1 would get the word out because not many people really understand what it means to be a type 1 diabetic and they don’t get what you have to go through and they think you are helpless. I hope more Type 1s get out there and spread the word that you can live a normal life with insulin dependent diabetes, I know I hate when people think I am different than they are because I have type 1 diabetes. I think its especially good to get the word out to teens as nick is doing! I am 15 and have been diabetic for 3 years and i handle it well and have no problem with having it, but for others having a good role model may make them less freaked out about it.

And Delta rocks for being so open with it, I hope it prevents and helps a lot of type 2s! And about the insulin for Delta, insulin is great, but if you dont NEED it then why would you want it? I know if i didn’t have to take it I wouldn’t, I dont think it was meant to be a threat like it was bad as it came off.

Oh and Katie don’t be sad, diabetes isn’t bad and if you are a type 1 and think it is, I’m sorry for you. I hate when people make it seem like it is this sad thing, people need to get we are normal people and we are all strong. I hate it when I see commercials that make type 1s seem like victims, we need to show we are normal and strong and we would be even stronger people if we found a cure!

11. Jordyn
    Jordyn August 18, 2007 at 12:50 pm | | Reply

I think that Nick was so Brave to have gone through whith that and i dont know what I’d do without the Jonas Brothers’ amazing music!!! Nick Rocks hes is my HERO!!!

12. hannahb
    hannahb August 23, 2007 at 5:15 pm | | Reply

nick you are so inspiring. I too have type one diabetes but I use the mini med 722. I am 13 and I have had diabetes for 7 years. My wish is that you could come to the galla in albany, new york and speak its a big ball and it has an oction and all of the money goes to the diabetes reasearch foundation! if you could just grant that wish I would be sooooooo happy! thankyou HannahB. :)

13. Mandy
    Mandy September 6, 2007 at 2:31 pm | | Reply

Nick Jonas has been my inspiration and role model for quite some time now. but once i heard that he had diabeties back in march, it made me realize how amazing he really is. he was able to come out about his diabeties and proclaim to everyone how he deals with it! i think that is amazing and brave and that makes me just love nick soooo much more than i already do! haha he is an amazing guitar player and he has the voice of an angel! joe and kevin jonas are amazing too!!!

and if u dont know who the jonas brothers are yet…. go on google and search them! omg u will find SOOOO much stuff! they are the most amazing guys EVER!! <333

i love u nick! u are soooo inspiring, not to mention extremely HOTTT! i love u and joe and kev!

~mandy~

14. Frankie
    Frankie October 2, 2007 at 1:58 pm | | Reply

Nick Jonas rocks!

15. Frances
    Frances August 10, 2008 at 7:52 pm | | Reply

i love you nick you are the best!!!!!!! uot of all of the jonas brothers your the best of all!!!!!! no ofence to you guys Joe and Kevin but i was born with tuberclosis and every day when i was little i used to have it like every night but i’m taking medicine to control it.