1. JudyK
    JudyK March 1, 2007 at 7:15 am | | Reply

Congratulations—from one cat parent to another!! Shes precious! Having a pet is supposed to lessen stress and help with high blood pressure. Just watch the scratches on your feet and legs—not good for PWD.

2. Jana
    Jana March 1, 2007 at 7:34 am | | Reply

I’m jealous! I am very much a pet person (*I’m*) the one who reversed my parents’ “never”… But since I’m in college now, I’m thousands of miles from my dog, and of course I can’t have a pet while I’m in school (although I do live in an apartment, but I’m hardly there). Depending on where I end up for graduate school, maybe I’ll be able to get myself a cat then…

3. Scott
    Scott March 1, 2007 at 8:10 am | | Reply

Congratulations … you join a number of d-Bloggers who are also cat owners, Kerri is perhaps the best-known cat owner (as a former owner of 3, now down to 2, with her Siah being the most photographed on her blog).

I also have my feline (Phyllis) who I adopted from the Santa Clara humane society as a kitten, and she’s moved with me from the Bay Area to Philadelphia, and most recently to New York. Phyllis has occasionally woken me from a sound sleep when she knew I had gone low during the middle of the night, she starts by crying, and if that doesn’t work, she jumps on top of me, and if that doesn’t work, she proceeds to start kneeding me with her claws out just enough to be noticed! Too bad cats aren’t as easily trained as dogs!

4. Lori Rode
    Lori Rode March 1, 2007 at 8:58 am | | Reply

Congratulations to Mystique on successfully recruiting her new family. Many, many adoptable felines are euthanized in the USA, due to lack of homes for them. I’m glad for you that you have this marvelous addition to your family. Cats are marvelous things, at least, that’s what my three keep telling us.

5. Melissa
    Melissa March 1, 2007 at 2:04 pm | | Reply

Congratulations! She looks just like my parents cat, Tinkerbell, lol! I have 2 cats, one is still a kitten, and I can totally relate to not wanting the tubing on your pump if you have cats! My kitten is constantly clawing at my tubing. But, I got the forms for the Omnipod a week or so ago, just waiting for my doc to fill them out and hopefully I will be on the Omnipod soon as well. :)

I can’t imagine life without cats.

6. Linda
    Linda March 1, 2007 at 2:35 pm | | Reply

Good for you Amy!!
    I am proudly owned by four wonderful, amazing, funny and always entertaining cats. As much as I have rescued them they have rescued me. They have been there with me through the good and the bad and yes even the ugly times in my life as I muddle through my diabetic life. Ahh the stories they could tell. It’s a good thing they only “talk” to me!!
    My only advice to you would be, they like to play at “attacking” they movements on my computer screen. It is entertaining to watch, until they “catch” their prey!! Sending a cuddle to her and a thanks to you..Enjoy!!

7. joan
    joan March 1, 2007 at 3:06 pm | | Reply

She is beautiful and looks just like my Meggie. I have two who are 13 and 12 and life is wonderful with cats. My two also love keeping me company while I am on the computer. In fact, they love being with me where ever I am in the house. They are extremely entertaining! Have a blast! I will be waiting to read your cat stories.

8. Lili
    Lili March 1, 2007 at 3:11 pm | | Reply

What a pretty cat! I was just thinking it’s good you don’t have any tubing.

9. Scott Johnson
    Scott Johnson March 1, 2007 at 6:11 pm | | Reply

Very cool!

10. Rachel
    Rachel March 1, 2007 at 6:41 pm | | Reply

Yay for OC’ers with cats!

She’s very pretty.

11. Kerri.
    Kerri. March 2, 2007 at 6:53 am | | Reply

Congrats on your new family member, Amy! She’s lovely!

12. julia
    julia March 2, 2007 at 8:12 am | | Reply

She’s adorable! I love her colouring.

I’m owned by an opinionated, spoiled cat called Oscar and I wouldn’t trade him in for anything. He’s a pain in the arse, but I love him.

13. Kate
    Kate March 2, 2007 at 8:38 am | | Reply

She’s beautiful, congrats your new addition to your family! I miss living with a cat, I have to visit my cats at my parents to get my pet therapy now:) Unfortunately my apartment complex is very strict about the “no pet” rule. And cats, for all their reputation for being “aloof” can be great company at the end of a long hard day.

14. Steve
    Steve March 3, 2007 at 8:38 am | | Reply

I’m more of a dog guy. Smoke is my protector and constant companion. He goes to day care every day (almost) while I’m at work.

15. art-sweet
    art-sweet March 3, 2007 at 3:46 pm | | Reply

Mystique looks like a charmer! I have to say that my cats seem singularly uninterested in my tubing. I wish I could say the same for my sofa…

Sigh.

16. AmyT
    AmyT March 4, 2007 at 9:40 am | | Reply

Funny, I always thought of myself as a dog person, but it turns out I just like animals! Thanks for the feedback, guys.