(Medical Supply) Dreams Do Come True

Who remembers a while back when I was bemoaning the lack of a vial protector product that fit a Lantus bottle?  Not even those nifty little InSure vial protectors are thin enough to fit those tall, skinny and delicate Lantus vials.  What’s a PWD taking Lantus to do?

Happily, Necessity is the Mother of Invention, and I’ve just discovered their whereabouts: Imgp3161_1

Renee T. of Regato Enterprises, Ltd., in Illinois wrote me recently to say: “My mom is a Type 1 and uses both Humalog and Lantus insulin.  She had never broken any vials, but then hit a period of a year when she broke two… so I designed something to help her.”

Hooray for Renee! Talk about your family support system.  Her new products are patent Imgp3162 pending and go by the name Securitee Blanket(TM).  They come in two colors and two sizes, for Lantus and Humalog bottles, of course.  They are not on the market yet, but Renee promises they will be soon, and will be reasonably priced.  I’ll keep you posted.

See my pretty, pretty homemade photos?  Good night, little Lantus, sleep tight.  (Perhaps for a looong time, once I get pumping!)

1. Scott
    Scott November 30, 2006 at 7:27 am | | Reply

Very cool … Sanofi Aventis also has unusual vials for its rapid-acting analog Apidra so this will apparently fit that, too!

2. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell November 30, 2006 at 8:01 pm | | Reply

Amy

Nice to see something that makes our lives a little easier. The more the merrier, I say.

Scott

What’s Apidra and any idea of how it compares to Humalog and others?

3. JasonJayhawk
    JasonJayhawk November 30, 2006 at 9:20 pm | | Reply

You know when you see your vial bounce a second time off the kitchen floor or cabinet, it’s really broken! (Funny, my mom always told me the same thing with dishes, but it applies to insulin vials, too!).

4. Jo
    Jo December 1, 2006 at 4:06 am | | Reply

Knock on Wood I haven’t dropped one yet, but this is something I’m going to get anyway!

5. Susan M.
    Susan M. December 2, 2006 at 6:50 am | | Reply

I am wondering if the Sucuritee Blankets will also provide insulation to enhance temperature control of the insulin????

6. Renee Tobias
    Renee Tobias January 16, 2007 at 11:59 am | | Reply

Amy,
    Thanks so much for the endorsement. Anyone wishing to contact me can write me at regato@ameritech.net. I actually have 3 colors at this time…hot pink, lime green and royal blue. The smaller sleeve will also accomodate any of the shorter vials as well as Humalog.

7. Living With Diabetes
    Living With Diabetes February 6, 2007 at 8:22 am | | Reply

Protective Case

Got mine last night. Love them. I have to carry a Symlin vial and NO ONE makes a case for that. I’d ask them about a month ago, and they emailed to tell me they were available. 1) I wrote…

8. Dan G
    Dan G February 9, 2007 at 5:02 pm | | Reply

you can buy protectors at diabetesandmore.com too

9. Renee T
    Renee T March 27, 2007 at 1:16 pm | | Reply

Securitee Blanket is now available through a link on my website at http://www.securiteeblanket.com or at http://www.diabeticpromotions.com.