DexCom DM Consumer Data Manager

This just in, literally (just hit my inbox):

Now you can download your (CGM) data to your PC.

Dexcom_consumer_sw_1 Zoom in on Glucose Trend Graphs or view Trend or Modal Day information.

The new DexCom DM™ Consumer Data Manager software program enables DexCom™ STS™ System users to download up to 30 days of glucose data onto their PC, and view graphs beyond the 1-, 3-, and 9-hour trend graphs viewable on the STS Reciever. Users can save files and print reports.

Caution: The software does not provide any medical advice and may not be relied upon for that purpose.

More information and purchase is available through the DexCom online store at https://store1.dexcom.com or through Customer Service at 1-877-DEXCOM4 (339-2664).

$39.00

with either the purchase of a DexCom STS Starter Kit by September 30, 2006 or with the purchase of 3 five packs of STS sensors. List price $79.00.

That’s cheaper than we thought, for a while anyway.   Oooh, this post is SUCH THE COMMERCIAL PLUG, but everyone’s been so anxious to hear about DexCom’s new patient software that I couldn’t resist just slapping it up here verbatim.

Anyone actually tried it yet?  Let us know!

1. Barbara
    Barbara September 12, 2006 at 11:13 am | | Reply

I’m looking for an update on how the CGM with dex com is going for you? Are you still using it? I am a diabetes RN educator with T1 diabetes for 43 yrs…trying to decide about getting this or Minimed’s device…

2. MikeG
    MikeG September 13, 2006 at 12:16 pm | | Reply

Barbara,

I’ve had my Dex for 3 months now. IMHO, it is a buggy, first-gen product that takes a lot of work and is often inaccurate.

Having said that, I’ve only had two reactions in three months (as opposed to 1-2 per week). My A1C has gone from 7.5 to 6.5. I can do many things now that I could not do before. I would rather go back to 18th century bloodletting than try to treat my diabetes without my Dex. I’ve also found the cost to be much less than I expected.

3. AmyT
    AmyT September 13, 2006 at 3:04 pm | | Reply

Ooh, Mike, you so hit the nail on the head! My thoughts exactly. I’m planning to quote you in my next update post…

4. Gary
    Gary September 14, 2006 at 7:51 am | | Reply

Amy,

There is another $39 offer on the software, if you already have the starter kit or you don’t want to buy 3- five packs at once:

DexCom will offer you ‘autoship’, where they’ll ship sensors on a schedule. They’re flexible with the autoship schedule; I chose once every 5 weeks, so that’s $175 every 5 weeks + shipping. They bill your cc when it ships.

-Gary

5. Adam
    Adam September 21, 2006 at 1:20 am | | Reply

I have just started the CGM with Minimed. I can only say that it is astounding. It synchs with the Minimed pump and provides a three hour and 24 hour display on your pump. Using your BD sensor, it uploads to the internet to provide useful reports. Within a week, my BG was in an acceptable range and my doctor and I were able to spot a 3 hour high trend in the morning hours that I never knew existed. It is large and unsightly but after a week didn’t realize I was wearing it (I do have some irritation with the tape, etc.). Costs about $350/month unreimbursed. I will continue despite the cost given the control I now have over my BG.

6. Adam
    Adam September 21, 2006 at 1:21 am | | Reply

Oh yea. Usually accurate within 20 units of a finger stick test. Sometimes off by 40 but I have found this to be atypical.

7. beth