Glucoband Prototype A’Comin

Glucoband_sm As far as ADA news goes, a few of you already asked me about progress on the Glucoband, a non-invasive armband-style continuous monitor being developed by Calisto Medical (i.e. sort of a Glucowatch redux but better). Well, it seems the company has already “released some positive pre-clinical results,” meaning early testing went well. And they’ll be introducing a new prototype at the ADA Conference this coming weekend, Medgadget reports.

I can’t wait to have a look — although last year Calisto’s tiny booth was so crowded you practically had to take a number and then sharpen your elbows. And (big “and”) usually products not yet approved by the FDA can only be shown under protective plastic. I kid you not. But I’ll be standing in line to take a look nonetheless.

1. BillyWarhol
    BillyWarhol June 6, 2006 at 10:09 pm | | Reply

Hi Amy!

this sounds like very very good news!

INGAP holds promise for regenerating Islet Cells! Once again i Hope it’s real & they’re not pulling our leg again!

2. BillyWarhol
    BillyWarhol June 6, 2006 at 10:51 pm | | Reply

whoaaaaa!

stop the presses hold yer horses! don’t order that slice of Pecan Pie just yet – i came across more info by yer fellow blogger David Mendosa on INGAP.

apparently this drug has been around since 2002 & one o the big Honcho FAT RICH pharmaceutical companies like Procter & Gamble gave the rights back – no doubt they didn’t think it was gonna make any $$$! – i hope 60 Minutes looks into this!

i had gone to Kinexum’s site & they have NO ie ZERO ingo up about INGAP! – they’ve taken over the Marketing $elling rights to INGAP & the trial stuff – ie Fudging the numbers so it gets regulatory approval & blah blah blah.

2009 before it goes commercial – if then*

oh yoy*
    ;) )

3. Frances Burmeister
    Frances Burmeister September 11, 2006 at 5:06 pm | | Reply

Any news on how well the Devco STS continuous glucose monitor is working out for people using it? Do you know how many are in distribution.

4. marian  orzoł
    marian orzoł August 26, 2007 at 10:06 am | | Reply

I looking for glucometer
    “GLUCOBAND” made in USA !
    Living in Europa , Poland.
    How mutch money how price?/

Answer me! I’m a diabetic type I .Age 25 years.
    my e- mail:
    sanseweria@o2.pl
    phone:
    48 …032 285 99 92

5. cornel
    cornel October 11, 2007 at 11:58 am | | Reply

vreau sa cumpar de unde ?

6. Leon
    Leon February 15, 2008 at 11:37 am | | Reply

Where is that famous “Glucoband” wristwatch. I am wery interested to buy one. Living in Croatia wery near Europa. Need answer. Please!!!

7. Berislav Momcilovic
    Berislav Momcilovic October 29, 2008 at 9:58 am | | Reply

It’s hard to get in touch with Calisto Medical and enquire on their “glucoband” noninvasive blood suger meter. Calisto Medical asks you to leave the message on teir recording machine, and if you try to reach them on a stated e-mail, it would be returned to you since something is wrong.

I have three vital questions regarding glucoband:
    1.How much does it costs
    2.How it can be purchased
    3.Is there is only one fit all model

8. Iova Adrian
    Iova Adrian March 3, 2009 at 4:24 pm | | Reply

As dori si eu un asemenea aparat . Cum pot fi posesorul unui asemenea instrument

9. Jermendy Zoltan
    Jermendy Zoltan August 23, 2011 at 8:30 am | | Reply

I’m living in Romania, how can I buy one. Please help me with information about price, and buy posibilities.

Thanks

10. Carol
    Carol August 31, 2011 at 10:25 am | | Reply

I´m living in USA, How can i buy one. Please help me with information abaut price, and buy posibilities

11. leonardo santos
    leonardo santos March 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm | | Reply

preciso de informaçoes sobre este aparelho e quanto custa, pois sou diabetico a 20 anos e moro na cidade de montes claros, no estado de minas gerais no Brasil e quero e preciso muito de um aparelho desses,porque a glicose do meu corpo altera constantemente tanto para mais como para menos.

12. Denis
    Denis July 24, 2012 at 10:12 am | | Reply

Does your Glucoband available in Canada and where can I get it and how much it cost.