An entertaining game of “tag” has been running through the online diabetes community (OC) in which bloggers hit each other up for “Five Random Facts About You.” I did a little checking and discovered that the game is actually running all across the blogging world. No idea how it got started. Just for fun…
Looks like I’m one of last diabetes bloggers to get tagged (with a little prompting — thanks, Allison!) Hmmph. Don’t y’all know that us journalistic types are the quirkiest of all? So just for fun, here are 5 random things about me that may or may not interest you in the least:
1) I play with my hair. I twirl it and twist it absentmindedly. Especially when I’m working. Especially when I’m blogging.
2) In the 6th grade, I was voted “most likely to become a photo model.” (I’m assuming mainly because I was strikingly tall and thin and zitless at the time) Snorf! The closest I ever got was a runway fashion show at Macy’s at age 15. But I played with my hair.
3) My very best childhood friend lives in Oregon and is pregnant with her eighth child. Yes, you got that right: 8th! And No.5 is seriously disabled. But their house is the most organized, liveliest, most loving and fun place you can imagine. She puts me to shame. I’m planning to visit her on my upcoming 40th birthday. (Snorf!)
4) I live in a fairy tale, in the sense that I married the love of my life, who came to America and swept me off my feet at the tender age of 21. He was an exchange student from Germany, and my girlfriends were dead set against my getting hooked on a guy who had to leave in a few months. But I followed my heart (and followed him to Germany), and have never regretted it for one minute.
5) I think I spent most of my life as a sort of Rebel Without A Cause. I was restless. I hated most of the full-time jobs I had. Never felt like there was any deeper merit in them. Now it feels like diabetes has handed me a cause. And I’m running with it.
Dr. Bill, you’re it!