And the OC Explodes…

I guess I was right about blogs being tailor made for the diabetes community. Boy was I right! Everyone I come in contact with seems to be starting a new D-Blog (very flattering, I might add.)
Blog_explosion
On Sunday I got an email from David Kliff of Diabetes Investor, whom I met with and profiled recently — and who has just now launched his own blog, DiabetesRealWorld. David writes me: I feel that I can learn from others and use this knowledge to better understand the market. I truly believe that people with diabetes can help each other and forums like yours and mine can do nothing but help.” Here’s hopin! I’ll be adding him to my “Professional D-Blogs” section at left.

And there are many, many more new D-blogs to watch. To mention a few:

Mr. Dawn Phenomenon

Diabetes Wise out of the UK

Diabetes at Home

My Son Has Diabetes

Dead Islets

Olsen Family Diary

Butterfly Kisses & Bedtime Prayers

Lala’s Hilo Log

And DiabetesNotes, edited by Maruthi

For a full list, hop on over to the Diabetes Online Community (OC) site, where Allison is doing a great job of creating a master roster.

Also worth mentioning is a new forum on the weight loss effects of Byetta. I don’t usually plug semi-commercial sites like this one here, but since Byetta is so HOT, and weight loss is so… well, so… HOT, I thought I’d pass it on.

1. Caro
    Caro January 31, 2006 at 8:08 am | | Reply

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the mention.

To me blogging about diabetes seems pretty natural given how much of an impact it has on so many areas of my life.

The fact that there is also a whole community out there who can share in that and understand it is great. Like you say, it turns blogging into a support and information circle. This isn’t the case for an awful lot of other stuff that gets blogged about. This, to me, is much more meaningful.

I just can’t believe I didn’t start sooner!

Caro

2. Allison
    Allison January 31, 2006 at 10:26 am | | Reply

Oh great, MORE blogs to add! Haha, just kidding. Thanks for posting those new ones, there are a some that I don’t seem to have run into yet… Some people find the O.C. and then start their blogs, while other start their blogs, and then we have to go find them. I can’t believe it keeps growing! Maybe one of these days I’ll sit down and get some sort of head count.

3. Nick
    Nick January 31, 2006 at 5:28 pm | | Reply

Geez…..
    I thought for a second you meant putting insulin vials in the overhead compartment and then they would explode enroute.
    OOPS!

4. J
    J February 1, 2006 at 7:16 am | | Reply

I went to a workshop on this drug and was told it is only for type 2 diabetics is there hope for us over weight type 1 to have this shot? sure hope so

5. Kristin
    Kristin February 5, 2006 at 11:17 am | | Reply

Hi,

I was diagnosed on 12.2.06 with type 1.5 diabetes at age 37 and your blog has been wonderful for me. It is such a hard thing to get used to. What is harder is everybody writes about type one or two. I find there is very little information about 1.5.

I wanted to say Thanks for posting in your blog. It has helped me a great deak

6. dr alan flores
    dr alan flores February 18, 2006 at 10:08 am | | Reply

Hi Amy

And donĀ“t forget about spanish speaking D-Blogs.

We are really trying to create a knowledge-sharing circle.

Some of us that understand english language, are translating some of the content we read here.

So your information is read beyond frontiers

Nice work!!!