Reality Check

After my laRealitycheck_2st post, here’s something truly encouraging: I just found a cool Australian site for young adults with diabetes. The group is called “Reality Check.” They meet regularly, organize happenings, and share their personal stories online. These guys are putting it all out there! They make diabetes look like a social club someone might actually choose to join.

As far as I know, there’s nothing quite like this in America. Please comment and let me know if you find something equivalent.

1. Kerri.
    Kerri. December 15, 2005 at 8:39 am | | Reply

Hey AmyT!

I have been a member of the Reality Check forum for about five months now (under Kerri. instead of Sixuntilme) and they are an inspiring, very funny bunch. I posted about them about two months ago on my site… brilliant bunch, they are.

They deserve the plug, so thanks for getting them out there.

2. The LIVabetes Glucose Goddess
    The LIVabetes Glucose Goddess December 15, 2005 at 5:28 pm | | Reply

Hey there Amy
    I like the idea of the reality check group. Wouldn’t it be kinda cool to have all of us “pin cushions” get together to meet eachother in person and laugh and have fun? I think it would be great! I would be more than happy to do my Glucose Goddess comedy! What do you think?
    With love and chocolate and lantus,
    Laura the LIVabetes Glucose Goddess!

3. Megan
    Megan December 15, 2005 at 8:41 pm | | Reply

Their website is actually one I have visited a few times. They have some fun stuff on it.

4. Gina
    Gina December 15, 2005 at 9:00 pm | | Reply

speaking of pin cushions have you guys seen my human pincushion tshirts i made a while back

I have been to reality check before its a great site!

5. Allison
    Allison December 17, 2005 at 8:13 pm | | Reply

One of the founders or managers or whatever, Kate Gilbert, used to work at Diabetes Station (Diabetes Portal) when I used to work there. She was a lot of fun. We didn’t work together that long before she left for her “real” job, but it was always fun to hear her say “G’day” when it was 7pm for the rest of us. She’s a nice girl, everyone should go say “hi.”

6. Heidi
    Heidi December 18, 2005 at 7:35 pm | | Reply

Reality Check is awesome(and they haven’t kicked me off yet,though I’m an American).
    you know the problem is, DC’rs are spread all over the US..it’d be very hard to pull off an actual meeting place.Maybe not so much a website.