Talk to Me on D-Blog Day

Gina and the gang over at DiabetesTalkfest have dubbed today, Nov. 9, as official D-Blog Day. How wonderful to have a “holiday” for all of us blogging our little hearts out about our constant companion and perpetual albatross, Diabetes. Of course, we’re all doing our best to always look on the bright side of life … ja?

I figure some 20-30 new diabetes blogs have appeared on the scene since I started my gig Images_3here. Some of them are intensely personal, others have a communal feel, and still others are fully professional. I like to dabble a little in all three of these categories. A very kind reader named Andrea thanked me for my efforts in a comment on my last post, which reminded me that I’ve been looking for a way to learn more about my readers here.

So do me a favor on D-Blog Day — Talk to Me:

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

* If you check back often, what do you like best?

* What topics interest you most?

* What helps you fill that gap?

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

* And: anybody interested in a DiabetesMine.com T-shirt? The Talkfest is now offering custom D-Blogger T-shirts featuring the URL of favorite diabetes blogs. I thought my family and friends would get a kick out of ‘em. Bulk price is cheaper, of course :)

Happy D-Blog Day. November is also Diabetes Awareness Month in America, of course, so lots of reason to “celebrate” our disease at this time of year… best of health to you all.

1. sweetsnomo
    sweetsnomo November 9, 2005 at 9:51 am | | Reply

Hi. I have been reading since dx in march/05. I am LADA which is fancy way of saying my pancreas is petering out and someday will I’ll be totally reliant on insulin. I’ve learned A LOT from your site about type 1, type 2 and other aspects. Links to others have been very helpful. I don’t feel so alone and without resources (you’ve provided many). Right now feel a gap between myself and doctors since they said “Play with the Novolog Flexpen.”. Doesn’t feel like something I want to “play” with (Go away!). “Maybe stop taking the Glyburide.” (which is more for type 2 – which I’m not). Learning you really do have to control of your own Dlife. Still coming to grips that I have this…not sure what phase…maybe somewhere between denial and anger and submission. Thanks for all the good info…I’ll keep watching/reading.

2. RyanBruner
    RyanBruner November 9, 2005 at 10:09 am | | Reply

- Why are you here?

Well, you see, one day my mother and father decided they wanted to…

Oh. Uh. That’s not what you meant.

- Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

I’m Type 1. My wife has had gestational which developed into extremely mild Type 2. Might not even be full-blown Type 2, but Pre-Diabetes.

- Where do you find the biggest “information gap” between medical providers and patients?

Not so much an “information gap”…but it frustrates me that many endocrinologists seem to believe that there is no possible way for their patient to understand how to treat themselves with a little education…and heaven forbid that the patient might just actually know MORE about their own diabetes than the doctor does.

- What helps you fill that gap?

Finding a different doctor! I went through several endos before settling with the one I have now, who is open to how I take care of myself. He enables me rather than tries to control.

- What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

I don’t know. I’ve lived with diabetes so long, I’m not sure. I guess it would be why can’t they make an infusion set that doesn’t actually hurt when it goes in? But, that isn’t a daily gripe…more like, every 2-3 days. :-)

3. Kassie
    Kassie November 9, 2005 at 10:33 am | | Reply

Damn, I was told there’d be no quiz on d-Blog day!

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?
    My sister sent me a link to your blog when I was researching my book. I just haven’t gotten around to leaving yet…

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?
    Type 1 and married to a Type 1 (oh those diabetes camp romances…)

* If you check back often, what do you like best?
    Personal stories and your take on d-news

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

well, if I knew how to solve it…

I’ll go with logging d information. I’m just so bad at it (unless I have an appointment coming up). Not sure how to solve that, since I don’t like the meter(s) that have built in log books.

4. Gina
    Gina November 9, 2005 at 10:40 am | | Reply

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little? I am here because on September 12, 1975 my mom and day oh wait nevermind that… To spread awareness about Diabetes to everyone that I can possibly reach out to!

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? Type 1

* If you check back often, what do you like best? I love the content of your posts!!

* What topics interest you most? Other D-bloggers experiences and support posts.

* Where do you find the biggest “information gap” between medical providers and patients? My doctor/patient relationship is pretty good, the only thing I would tell him to fix is learning more about pump education.

* What helps you fill that gap? I talk to my CDE who knows everything about pumps.

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved? Checking my blood sugars

5. Martha O'Connor
    Martha O'Connor November 9, 2005 at 11:22 am | | Reply

*Why are you here?
    I visit here to learn more about Type 1 Diabetes, news stories, and research developments, as well as general support.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?
    Parent of a son with Type 1 Diabetes.

* If you check back often, what do you like best?
    The content is very informative!

* What topics interest you most?
    I like hearing personal stories and interesting research or medical developments.

We’ve been really happy with UCSF. I can’t complain….

* What helps you fill that gap?
    N/A

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?
    I know people who are in clinical trials for the continuous blood glucose monitors! Results are sooooo promising! I want one! NOW!!!!!!

6. Martha O'Connor
    Martha O'Connor November 9, 2005 at 11:22 am | | Reply

*Why are you here?

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?
    Parent of a son with Type 1 Diabetes.

* If you check back often, what do you like best?
    The content is very informative!

* What topics interest you most?

We’ve been really happy with UCSF. I can’t complain….

* What helps you fill that gap?
    N/A

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

7. Martha O'Connor
    Martha O'Connor November 9, 2005 at 11:22 am | | Reply

*Why are you here?

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?
    Parent of a son with Type 1 Diabetes.

* If you check back often, what do you like best?
    The content is very informative!

* What topics interest you most?

We’ve been really happy with UCSF. I can’t complain….

* What helps you fill that gap?
    N/A

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

8. Allison
    Allison November 9, 2005 at 11:24 am | | Reply

*Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?

I’ve been coming here since the summer. I think you’re funny, and very informative.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? I have Type 1.

* If you check back often, what do you like best? Everything!

* What topics interest you most?
    Research info, funny stories.

Too many endos who don’t know what the heck they’re talking about! Grrr. But my endos are fabulous, so I’m not speaking from personal experience, just what I’ve heard.

* What helps you fill that gap?
    My CDE!!

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?
    I can’t think of anything. The easy problems are easily solved, and the non-easy problems will be solved with a cure.

9. Melissa
    Melissa November 9, 2005 at 11:49 am | | Reply

Amy,
    Love your blog! It is actaully how I got ‘introduced’ to the world of blogs, specifically D-blogs. In honor of D-blog Day I made my first post on my blog. http://sweetbloodmks.blogspot.com/
    To answer your questions: Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?
    I like to keep informed about what is happening in the D world

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? T1

* If you check back often, what do you like best? The D news, your stories & personal takes on them.

* What topics interest you most?
    The mental part of dealing wiht diabetes

The mental part of controlling D. How hard the daily maintenance is

* What helps you fill that gap?
    Finding the D-blog world & hoepfully writing my own blog.

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved? I wish I could have continuos blood sugar monitering and some sort of platform that kep to track of everything together instead of seperate entries for b.s., food intake, health, insulin, etc.

Keep up the great blog Amy, and thank you
    ~Melissa

10. D double E
    D double E November 9, 2005 at 12:01 pm | | Reply

Amy-
    Thanks for everything you do in your blog. I don’t post here very often, but I do read it a lot, mostly to stay really on the cutting edge of all things “D” related. Most of the things you write about have a very hopeful slant…. and the diabetes community, online or otherwise, is really a quite hopeful bunch. I really didnt get into blogging for anything else that to try to understand my own thoughts with regard to being the dad of a type-1 diabetic, but I do appreciate all your hard work and information.

Have a great D- day.

Dee

11. Counselling Confidential
    Counselling Confidential November 9, 2005 at 12:30 pm | | Reply

Diabetes and Depression

According to the Canadian Diabetes Association and the American Diabetes Association , people with diabetes are at greater risk for developing depression. On the other side of the coin, people with depression may be at greater risk for developing

12. Tekakwitha
    Tekakwitha November 9, 2005 at 12:44 pm | | Reply

Amy,

Your site is the first one I found when I started my search for diabetic blogs. I read it daily (or when bloglines tells me to!). This is one of the only sites I read to get diabetic news, you do such a great job of looking through it all for me! I also enjoy the personal touch.

Thanks and keep it up!

-Tek

13. Rachel B
    Rachel B November 9, 2005 at 12:52 pm | | Reply

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?

I need all the information I can get and I appreciate the personal edge you give to your posts.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

Type 2 (diet/exercise only with hypothyroid) married to a type 1.

* If you check back often, what do you like best?

Your writing style.

* What topics interest you most?

New technologies and practical information, such as what you provided when you travelled to Germany.

Insulin usage for type 2′s.

* What helps you fill that gap?

My own research of medical journals.

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

I’d like a small voice inside my head motivating me to exercise 6 days a week.

* And: anybody interested in a DiabetesMine.com T-shirt?

14. Kerri.
    Kerri. November 9, 2005 at 1:27 pm | | Reply

I’m here to learn. To share. To read. And to laugh.

Type One Powerhouse.

I like when you write about your life and your children. Putting a face to the diabetic makes it more personal. I respond to that.

I fill the Gap with friends, family, The O.C., Joslin publications, internet research, emailingn other diabetics, and the occasional coffeehouse bitching fest.

The biggest D gripe? When Good Infusion Sets go Bad.

15. johnboy
    johnboy November 9, 2005 at 2:42 pm | | Reply

* Why are you here? this is without a doubt one of the most informative blog sites around, and it’s great to hear how you are handling things.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? Type 1

* If you check back often, what do you like best? The variety of topics and d links

* What topics interest you most? research, new products

* Where do you find the biggest “information gap” between medical providers and patients? time

* What helps you fill that gap? the o.c., research and medical sites

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved? let me get back to you on that one!

16. Bill the diabetesdoc
    Bill the diabetesdoc November 9, 2005 at 3:20 pm | | Reply

Amy:
    And Happy D-Blog Day (?) to you, too!

You had asked me: “How are you doing? Feeling pretty well? Not getting too crazy testing BGs I hope? Steph not policing you too much?”

I’m feeling fine, though very punctured (deflated?) with multiple stab wounds in my fingers and belly… see “My Diabetes” at Diabetes.Blog.com for updates now and then…

Very best wishes, hope to see you again soon!

Bill

Diabetes Monitor
    Monitoring diabetes happenings everywhere in cyberspace, and providing information, education and support for people with diabetes.

Diabetes.Blog.com
    a blogcompanion to the Diabetes Monitor

17. Sean
    Sean November 9, 2005 at 3:43 pm | | Reply

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?
    You visited my blog and left your link in a comment so I decided to see if it was spam or not. I’m glad I checked out your site! I had no idea there were d-blogs out there.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? I’m Type 1

* What topics interest you most?
    Managing Diabetes. I like to know what *I* can do to better manage diabetes

* Where do you find the biggest “information gap” between medical providers and patients? I don’t know. We have a doctor shortage in Canada and it’s been quite difficult for me to get adequate care.

* What helps you fill that gap?
    Begging & pleading.

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved? Someone please build me a robotic pancreas!! Seriously though, its technology. It’s always seemed to me that diabetes advancements are always too late in coming. That some of the tools we use to manage diabetes should have been available to us years ago.

18. Maridee
    Maridee November 9, 2005 at 4:47 pm | | Reply

* Why are you here? when I decided to go on the pump, I went online to find out as much as I could before it arrived. I stumbled upon your blog and the whole OC that way.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? Type 1

* If you check back often, what do you like best? That you include so much information, about yourself and about the disease, plus reseach, just so much information

* What topics interest you most? new ways to handle old diabetic issues

They don’t understand that diabetics know often times as much, if not more about the disease than their patients. I have been searching for years to find an endo was was also a diabetic. Still haven’t found what I am looking for . . .

* What helps you fill that gap? Talking to other diabetics – in person and on the internet

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved? don’t really have any gripes about d blogging, but gripes about Diabetes – I could go on for days . . :)

19. Kathleen Weaver
    Kathleen Weaver November 9, 2005 at 5:58 pm | | Reply

Why am I here?

I find many of your articles interesting, and I have you in my bloglines feeds.

I am a Type 2, and have been blogging and keeping up with diabetic news for quite a while. Guess I keep hoping for a solution.

“Information gap”
    I’m lucky, I have a fabulous medical team — it’s taken years to build, my sleep doctor is probably my weakest link because he was convinced I was non-compliant for years because I didn’t like his pills. He didn’t get just because I didn’t like the pills, didn’t mean that I did not use my CPAP until I got one that told him I used it. He’s also a bit old fashioned in that he doesn’t always get that his patient can be as smart as he is, and is probably better at research.

The good news, is that I only have to research ONE patient, not hundreds, like he does, so it really isn’t a gap.

Keep bloggin!

20. Val
    Val November 9, 2005 at 6:39 pm | | Reply

Hi Amy -
    I found your site about a month ago via your dLife column, and it really struck a chord – I am also a mom in my thirties suddenly stuck juggling raising kids while trying to learn all I can about this pain-in-the-ass disease while still trying to keep a good face on everything (and trying not to flip out too much when my 5 year old says he wishes he had a pump like mine – oh, god, no,no,no!)
    I started a blog but rarely have time to put anything on it – instead I rely on you and some of the other d-bloggers to make me feel like I’m not out there alone.
    In answer to the biggest D-gripe, mine is how come the only way to see if a bottle of insulin is still good is to inject it into someone with diabetes and see what happens…oughtn’t there be a test strip? color change? something?
    My other gripe is waiting on a continuous glucose monitor – I test 10x a day and can’t get an a1c below 8… I’m in the study but alas in the control group – seven weeks to go and then I get to use the CGM for six months (and they wont be getting it back;)

Keep up the good work!

Val

21. Sandra Miller
    Sandra Miller November 9, 2005 at 7:18 pm | | Reply

Okay, my daughter is in bed, and I’m now ready to take the the D-Blog Day Quiz:

*Why are you here?

I come for the information on the latest technologies and research, as well as the excellent discussion of common issues facing those with diabetes.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

Parent of a 10-yr old son with Type 1 Diabetes.

* If you check back often, what do you like best?

Well researched articles (Thank you for this!)

* What topics interest you most?

Again, info on research and new technologies that might benefit my son.

I don’t know. For us (and maybe this is just specific to my son, who is still honeymooning) the assumption that a basal rate on the pump can be relied upon to, for the most part, keep bgs stable each and every night (my son’s really needs adjustments ALOT depending on activity level, etc…)

* What helps you fill that gap?

For now, our own trial and error.

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

Testing ALL of the time. The answer, of course, CGM.

Happy D-Blog Day!

22. Nick
    Nick November 9, 2005 at 7:54 pm | | Reply

Dang, If I’d known there’d be a quiz on today on Diabetes Mine!

I’ve lived with this hormone
    deficiency called type 1 diabetes for over a decade. I follow the advice given by Dr. Bernstein in his book “Diabetes Solution”. I stopped consulting nurses, CDE’s, and endocrinologists now. I’m way beyond the point where they can help me. I mean that in a positive way. By publishing his methods, Dr. Bernstein has given me the ability to masquerade as a non-diabetic for the rest of my life. Still have to buy the damned test strips and insulin, though! Dang! :)

23. Nick
    Nick November 9, 2005 at 7:56 pm | | Reply

Oh, I forgot to mention what I most like. I like your personal stories best. You know, how you manage not just this hormone deficiency but your child and all else that life hurls at you from day to day.

C’est la vie!

24. iamwho
    iamwho November 9, 2005 at 9:34 pm | | Reply

I read this blog from another perspective- I am an Aussie 2nd year medical student (we have an undergraduate program so I’ve still got 4 years to go).
    Last year we had a session where we meet some teenagers with diabetes and they talked and we asked questions, then we all injected “insulin” into ourselves.
    That started off my interest with diabetes, and I now think I want to become an endocrinologist.

25. Andrea (yet another)
    Andrea (yet another) November 10, 2005 at 8:16 am | | Reply

Hey Amy…

Wow, you have received a lot of feedback and comments. That’s wonderful. Sorry I couldn’t post yesterday, but it was a very hectic day for me at work and otherwise, but I’m glad that I could today.

Why are you here?
    I love your site…I try to visit it when I can. I think you have a lot of interesting things to share with the reader and I find it both informative and something I can relate to, on a personal note.

Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

I’m also Type 1. I was dx’ed about 3 years ago. In ways, it seems like it was yesterday, but in other ways it seems like I have dealt with this forever…if that makes any sense.

I find my current Endocrinologist to be pretty knowledgable about this disease. However, as far as personality- he leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes I think he comes across as arrogant and he tends to talk “down” to me…which I hate. I think it’s a common thing among doctors, sadly, and I think it makes a big difference in patients feeling comfortable and at ease at being able to discuss their feelings and issues they worry about.

- What helps you fill that gap?

I think trying to be as honest as possible with my doctor helps-letting him know how I feel and what I struggle with. I am actually seeing another (new) doctor in the practice at my next appt.- he supposedly reminds people of my ex-Endo. I’m looking forward to meeting him.

- What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

I have to agree with others about the infusion sets. There’s got to be a way to make them so they don’t kink as easily. Also, perhaps there’s an easier way to make injecting the sets/or regular inections better, so they hurt less.

Just wanted to add a big THANK-YOU for all the work you do on your blog. I can tell you put a lot of effort and energy into it. Know that we appreciate it and I hope to read (and learn) alot more from you :)

26. Millie
    Millie November 10, 2005 at 9:36 am | | Reply

Amy,
    Your’s was the first website I found about diabetes. You have a light in the darkness.
    I was diagnosed as Type 2 February 2005. I have been more than a little intimidated by the frustration I have read coming from the Type 1′s. That’s why I have not ever responded to anyone’s blog. But I wanted you to know that your efforts are appreciated. Thank you very much.

27. Anon
    Anon November 10, 2005 at 10:16 am | | Reply

Generally, I find you overly chipper and somewhat annoying. It’s not your fault, I know… I don’t think you’ve experienced the long-long term nature of diabetes.

Diabetes was an entirely different disease before rapid-acting insulin and lantus… with strict meal plans, rigidity, anything containing sugar on the forbidden list, and blood tests that took as much as *five minutes* (and required a “hanging drop of blood” the size of a piece of corn). No one even talked about post-prandials 10 years ago — controlling them was inconceivable. Living well with diabetes was a *huge* challenge back then.

You represent the new, “light-hearted” diabetes… but not the diabetes I’ve dealt with most of my life.

28. Misty
    Misty November 10, 2005 at 11:42 am | | Reply

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little? A little of both :) Reading about fellow diabetics helps me “keep it real”.

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner? Type 2, dx’ed in 2005. I’m the 4th generation of Type II on my mother’s side.

* If you check back often, what do you like best? Personal stories of how you handle diabetes in your life, or your take on news items.

* What topics interest you most? Anything goes……

* Where do you find the biggest “information gap” between medical providers and patients? Oh boy. Don’t get me started. I’m a military dependent. During the diagnosis process, I saw 3 different doctors, all of whom had 3 different ideas of how my Type II should be handled, especially given the genetic factor at play. It was at that point I decided I’d better get extremely well educated on this so I could have a major voice in decisions, treatment, etc.

* What helps you fill that gap? Keeping current on new info, and constantly reading and learning about diabetes.

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved? Good question :)

29. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson November 10, 2005 at 5:02 pm | | Reply

Wow! Lot’s of comments – that’s great!

Here’s my thoughts on the questions you ask:

- Why are you here?

I like the personal touch in most of the posts. I really get a lot out of people’s “story” and life experiences while dealing with diabetes.

- Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

I am Type 1. Diagnosed at the age of 5 in 1980. That makes me about 30 years old with 25 years of diabetes under my belt.

- If you check back often, what do you like best?

Everything new. All the new stories & experiences. I just wish I had the time to keep up on everything you (and the rest of the O.C.) posts! I’d love to be able to comment on everything I read. Just can’t manage it though.

- What topics interest you most?

Nothing special, again, I like to read about your unique experiences dealing with life.

Tough question. My struggles are mostly with my personal discipline and behavioral eating. I do wish that the doctors had more time to spend with us. It’s always very rushed.

- What helps you fill that gap?

Being organized when I go in to the appt. Maybe having a list of questions or concerns ready, etc.

- What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

While in my humble opinion I don’t feel like it’s easily solved, motivation is my biggest gripe. It takes constant and consistant attention, continued diligence and lots of “energy” to keep everything under control every day. Sure, when things are running smoothly they roll right along. But when life gets going along with that is when things get interesting. It’s also something that is not as simple as a daily task that you can do and cross it off your list for the day – but rather multiple mental visits throughout the day. Maybe my attention span is short, but I have trouble staying focused on that all day every day.

- And: anybody interested in a DiabetesMine.com T-shirt?

Yes – but I’m always broke. Damn gadget addiction.

Great work Amy – please keep it up. You are making a difference in many lives and you are appreciated for it!

30. B.M.
    B.M. November 11, 2005 at 8:01 pm | | Reply

* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?

It’s easy for me to “forget” I have diabetes, and continue my bad habits. I go to your blog to see how others handle their condition, and to keep it in the forefront of my mind to take good care of myself

* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?

Type 2

* If you check back often, what do you like best?

Info on new treatments

* What topics interest you most?

New oral meds

Mostly okay. My worst experience was the podiatrist screaming at me about high A1C numbers before getting any information about what I was doing to handle it.

* What helps you fill that gap?

N/A

* What’s your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?

Can’t think of one, really. I have sympathy for those who have to have refrigerated medication, though. That must be a real hassle! Hopefully, I’ll never have to find out.

Anyway, I enjoy the light-heartedness of your blog. I wouldn’t mind hearing more about your regular life, not just your D-life — like when you wrote about your trip to Europe. That was fun and informative. But even if you don’t change a thing, I’ll be a regular reader.

31. Elinor
    Elinor November 17, 2005 at 8:40 pm | | Reply

I would definitely like a T-shirt!! Size large, please.

32. Michael Park
    Michael Park November 9, 2006 at 6:35 pm | | Reply

I’m here for all the aforementioned reasons, because you serve as a marvellous middle(wo)man for those of us who kindly appreciate the ready access to current information.
    I am type one since age 6(now 23).
    What I like most is your style of presentation and all the links to all that crazy stuff!
    Most interesting topics are those which I relate to, or really anything you have an interest in (that’s what shows best).
    In terms of info-gap, I don’t think there really is one… your healthcare team always has a wealth of knowledge… what is really missing is the personal KNOWledge that only a diabetic can have, once we get over that, we can really use the healthcare team to our full advantage!
    In terms of filling that gap, I feel that it’s like any medical condition, you need to take in an absorb any and all info and find out how it applies to you. Some people commented here that they don’t like endos who try and control their control- those endos are only there becase there is a large population of diabetics who actually want that(unfortunately)…
    D-gripe – WOW! hows about getting the letter from the DMV 2 days after my appointment with my endo saying I need to get the form signed within 2 months- who out there actually can get an appointment in less than a few months?!?
    Alas, I love this blog and I thank you for your dedication…
    oh, and the thing that keeps me coming back and reading is your passion!