It seems that even with my nifty new “Weekly Nuggets” section, I never can get around to posting everything I’d like to. It’s humanly impossible. So here’s my latest catch-up on some neat new stuff in the diabetes/Web world:
* Check out a neat new glucose testing gadget over at Medgadget. The so-called “In1″ is a sleek little all-in-one blood testing kit invented by a diabetic design student. Mouse-sized and fits neatly in the side pocket of a backpack! Great for school.
* For more sophisticated D-tastes, check out the new “kitbags” from a British outfit called Desang. These look a lot like yuppie Franklin planners, but are specially designed to carry vials, syringes, lancets, and all the other daily D-stuff in a sleek bag that fits neatly inside a standard-issue purse or briefcase. What’s particulary interesting about this company is that it was founded by an energetic Type 1 diabetic, Sue Marshall, who quit her full-time job this June to devote herself to this startup diabetes company. Go Sue!
* At least two more new diabetes blogs have appeared on the scene: Noncompliant, from Kassie, author of “Parents with Diabetes“; and Sweetblood from Melissa of Cleveland, who’s had Type 1 for 22 years. Welcome, ladies!
* Also welcome the new DiabetesDaily site from new diabetic Elizabeth Zabell and her boyfriend David Edelman. This one’s a news aggregation site with built-in blog. Something different! And a lot of work for Elizabeth and David, to be sure, so give ‘em a visit.
* And finally, a little bird told me that if you go to Google, type in “failure” and hit the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button, the first thing that pops up is The Biography of President George W. Bush. Hey, I don’t make this stuff up! I just tell it like it is… such as it is.