New diabetes blogs are popping up everywhere. I just realized that I have added 10 new ones
to my blogroll since the end of April!
Aside from dLife’s new blog, I think one of the most interesting brand new additions — out of Western Canada –- is called Candid Diabetes. This is Tiffany L, age almost-25, who’s had Type 1 for 14 years, and started the MedTronic pump two years ago. She says she’s “joined numerous Diabetes forums and subscribed to letters and advocacy groups and magazines because of my disease.” And now she’s sharing her thoughts via the Internet “because I can.” I like her attitude!
also invites other Net publishers to join something called the “Insulin Pump
Webring” (see logo here). Apparently this is a
navigation tool that helps people find their way through various Web sites that
mention insulin pumps. I’m not sure I
qualify since I’m not yet on the pump, but it looks quite interesting…
new bloggers include:
- Tekakwitha out of the Midwest with “The ‘betes”
- Kerri of “SixUntilMe,” whom I’ve talked about here
- Denson Smith with official government data on “Diabetes Discussion”
- Angusman Chakraborty out of Calcutta, India (!), with “Simple Thoughts on Diabetes”
- Shannon Lewis with “Mom Wants a Diabetes Cure”
- Sandra Miller, another mom of a diabetic child, with “A Shot in the Dark”
- Dr. William Quick of the Diabetesmonitor.com with his new “Diabetes.blog.com”
- and Scott Hanselman of “Computer Zen,” who’s not technically new but is an avid blogger who has written quite a bit about diabetes and helpful gadgets for it.
See my blogroll (FELLOW
D-BLOGGERS) at right for links. If anybody knows of any other interesting blogs or sites, be sure to let me know!