Multiplying Like Rabbits, the Webring

New diabetes blogs are popping up everywhere. I just realized that I have added 10 new ones
to my blogroll since the end of April!

Aside from dLife’s new blog, I think one of the most interesting brand new additions — out of Western Canada –- is called Candid Diabetes. This is Tiffany L, age almost-25, who’s had Type 1 for 14 years, and started the MedTronic pump two years ago. She says she’s “joined numerous Diabetes forums and subscribed to letters and advocacy groups and magazines because of my disease.” And now she’s Pumpicon1sharing her thoughts via the Internet “because I can.” I like her attitude!

She
al
so invites other Net publishers to join something called the “Insulin Pump
Webring
” (see logo here). App
arently this is a
navigation tool that helps people find their way through various Web sites that
mention insulin pumps. I’m not sure
I
qualify since I’m not yet on the pump, but it looks quite interesting…

Other
new bloggers include:

• Tekakwitha out of the Midwest with “The ‘betes”
  • Kerri of “SixUntilMe,” whom I’ve talked about here
  • Denson Smith with official government data on “Diabetes Discussion”
  • Angusman Chakraborty out of Calcutta, India (!), with “Simple Thoughts on Diabetes”
  • Shannon Lewis with “Mom Wants a Diabetes Cure”
  • Sandra Miller, another mom of a diabetic child, with “A Shot in the Dark”
  • Dr. William Quick of the Diabetesmonitor.com with his new “Diabetes.blog.com”
  • and Scott Hanselman of “Computer Zen,” who’s not technically new but is an avid blogger who has written quite a bit about diabetes and helpful gadgets for it.

See my blogroll (FELLOW
D-BLOGGERS) at right for links. If anybody knows of any other interesting blogs or sites, be sure to let me know!

1. Alison
    Alison May 20, 2005 at 11:12 am | | Reply

Hi,
    I have Type 1 as well, was just diagnosed in November. I found your link on Dr. Charles’s blog, and think you have a great site. I’ll check back often :)

2. Violet
    Violet May 20, 2005 at 8:32 pm | | Reply

Hey Amy…just wanna say thanks for gathering together all these links. You are how I connected with several very special people. I am not always prompt at commenting here, but I ALWAYS read your stuff. Please keep at it; you’re doing such a wonderful service for the community.

Also, technical side question: on my browser your site won’t “let go” when I click on your links. That is, I go to the new site, but the addy in the bar remains diabetesmine.com. This makes it hard to bookmark new sites or remember their addresses. Do you know why this occurs?

3. AmyT
    AmyT May 20, 2005 at 9:28 pm | | Reply

OK, time for me to fess up: I’m not quite the Internet Wizardess I’d hoped to be. I couldn’t figure out how to use Domain Mapping, so used Domain Forwarding instead, which is a little less powerful and more restrictive. (I’m hoping to fix this soon)

In the meantime, you can also access my blog under the host URL, at http://amy_tenderich.typepad.com, which will “free you” to move amongst the links.

Does that help? Oh, and THANKS so much for the feedback. Better to explain to my family why I spend all this time glued to my computer: “This is important, really!” This is my support community, and I feel home here.

4. Pearlsa
    Pearlsa May 20, 2005 at 10:33 pm | | Reply

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the comment on my blog I have been reading your blog since day one from the living with diabetes link.

You are right this is a support group, I read all the diabetes sites whenever I can it lets me know I am not alone.

5. Violet
    Violet May 21, 2005 at 8:41 am | | Reply

Thanks Amy, good to know.

Check this out when you need a laugh: http://www.captainglucoseandmeterboy.com/index.html

6. Shannon Lewis
    Shannon Lewis May 23, 2005 at 7:52 am | | Reply

Thanks for the shout out!

7. MarathonSwimmer
    MarathonSwimmer July 9, 2005 at 5:07 pm | | Reply

I thought you might want to know about my ‘blog… I’ve had type 1 diabetes for 17 years, am 30 years old, and am training to swim the English Channel. To date, the channel has only been swum by three other folks with diabetes (that I know of).